Sunday, October 13, 2013

Stamina - It's Not Just for Students!

image source

I really don't know how some of you keep up with twitter and blogging during the fall!  I am constantly amazed at the quality and quantity of blogging in education.  For me, school began September 9th.  It has been nearly a month since my last post.  I love back to school time.  And the fall is my favorite time of year.  But I am exhausted folks!  I can barely keep my eyes open at night.  I sit on the sofa, eyes glazed watching my favorite reality show.  I haven't been to the gym.  My husband and I order take out way too often.  If you saw all the dust bunnies floating along the edges of my floor you would be shocked.  Even the quantity of my reading dwindles this time of year.  While I focus on building my student's reading and writing stamina, I realized I also need to build up my "school-year" stamina.  After a relaxing summer I need to gear up and slowly build back my work stamina!

So this weekend is a 3-day week due to Columbus Day.  Don't you love a 3-day weekend?  That extra day just seems to energize me and help me re-group and re-focus.   Getting your year up and running is a lot of work - both for my body and brain.

I have a wonderful, kind and sweet group of second graders this year.  Our routines are established (mostly) and we are off to a great start.  Their stamina is increasing and so is mine!  Now, I have to get back to the gym...

No comments:

Post a Comment